Tuesday 11 November 2014

A glimpse on my projects :)


Today I am going to share with you a few of my finished and unfinished projects. These ones are not of my own design but I love them just the same...
This is the very first handbag that I crochet and yet have to wear as I finished it over a couple of days ago. I used Dada's place Primavera flowers which you can find Here. It is such an amazing flower that she used to crochet a blanket out of , but I thought it would be great for a bag and I have to admit that I am happy with the end result.

I joined my flowers using the "zipper" method which Dedri from Look At What I Made explained in her tutorial Here. I wanted to give them that raised effect, so instead of putting my blocks side by side, I have placed them on top of each other with the right side facing the outside and then followed Dedri's instructions. While you are at it you might want to check her website, she is an amazing designer and her tutorials are one of a kind :D

As for the handles, my best friend gave me a link for those handles which turned out to be very sturdy and cute at the same time. you can find the tutorial Here.

I have to give a huge thank you to my mom who was kind enough to line the bag for me. Unfortunately, I wasn't there when she was doing it. I was really looking forward to do it with mom as I wanted to learn to sew because I suck at it but alas she wanted to surprise me :)


Both of these projects are for my little girl. The blanket is a work in progress. I am using a Turkish variegated acrylic yarn; and I am using the green shade because my girl is all about greens and blues. Weird thing as one expects a girl to love pinkish stuff. This blanket is the Neat Ripple Blanket and I followed the tutorial that Lucy from Attic24 provided. It is a very easy pattern that you can memorize and work out on your leisure time.You can find the pattern Here. Lucy is a fantastic designer who uses colour in such a magnificent way. I have to admit that she was one of the major reasons why I am crocheting daily now and creating my own designs.

As for the blue cardigan it is a free pattern on Ravelry and you can find it Here.  It just lacks the buttons. I couldn't find any suitable ones so I have to go buy some this week... And then it is all ready to be worn in the coming winter... Louly is so happy with it since it is in her favorite colours :D

Love,
Salma

PS: Come back on Thursday; I will be posting some of my designs :)

2 comments: